Saturday, November 27, 2010

Angsty moment over.

So my last post was pretty pitiful. Not very derby at all. I am over it. Now I just need to get it together and rock out the next tryout. I have a second chance in two or three weeks and I have been strongly encouraged by several of my bestest derby friends to try again. I am working on the two skills that were most difficult for me, weaving and stopping. I went out yesterday and skated with some of the girls that did make the league, and we worked on weaving. By the time we called it a day, I was weaving nicely. Now just to make sure that the tryout judges see that change. I still don't know exactly what the problem was with my stopping, since I was able to stop every time I tried, so I am just working on making my stopping quicker.
New attitude, new tryout. I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment