Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence day USA!

I love Independence day! What could be better than a day filled with parades, beer, picnics, and fireworks? I am not one of those "God and Country" types, who will spout off pseudo-patriotic rhetoric about how this country was founded on Christian values and blah blah blah, becuase I don't believe it was. I believe this country was founded on the belief that people should be able to CHOSE their own religion, lifestyle, etc. Read the bill of rights, it's right there. I am proud to live in a country where I am not forced to agree with the government. I love the fact that if I don't like the way my representative works, I can voice my discontent and vote his butt out of office next term (well, in theory anyway, I DO live in Utah.) I can honestly say that I am thrilled to be a woman in a country that allows me to live up to my potential, or fail, as I see fit. I support the men and women of the armed forces and applaud their decision to defend their country, even while I disagree with the war they are fighting.
So, a toast to my home! Happy Birthday USA, I love you!

1 comment: