Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Celebrate the small victories.

I got word that Reidell has officially notified UPS to come get my skates to deliver! About FREAKING time! Now I just pray that they are large enough. I re-measured my feet and compared with the sizing guide. I should be a 7 1/2, but Vixens only come in full sizes. I ordered 7 and hope I don't need 8. *crosses fingers* Little victory = skates are headed my way.
Work has been rough lately. We are super busy and are once again short handed and training. It seems like every time we get a new full time employee just about trained, they turn into raving psychopaths who hate their job. One month. It'll get better. I know it. *crosses fingers again* Little vitory = still have a job, which i actually like despite the latest rough patch.
I have been getting to know some of the ladies from Salt City Derby. They all seem to feel like I'd be a good addition and are very encouraging. Little victory = somebody else thinks this might work out for me!!!! Now I just need to pick a team to try out for. Leaning towards Death Dealers and Bomber Babes.
Gotta come up with $24 to go to this week's bout. I have already been invited to the after party and REALLY want to go. One more chance to get to know the girls when they aren't towering over me on their skates. (In case you didn't know, these ladies are Intimidating with a capital "I")
well, enough rambles. I'm going to bed now so that I can survive another day in this endless week.
Peace, Love, and Rollerskating!

1 comment: