Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So the skate drama continues....

I have requested a refund on the price of the skates which never arrived (or were even shipped). The vendor was actually pretty cool about the whole thing, and refunded the money right away. I have received said refund. Unfortunately, as the skates were discounted as part of a "package deal" with the pads...well, the refund won't cover the purchase price of another set of skates. And so I must wait again until the last little bit of money to cover the difference and shipping can be spared from our limited budget. Damn. Am I ever going to get this together in time? I need to be able to skate well and do it for two hours straight in order to pass tryouts.
I am also applying for *gasp* health insurance. It would be down right stupid of me to start playing contact sports without insurance. I am not stupid, and I think we have figured out how to squeeze the premium into aforementioned tight budget.
I am still frustrated. I haven't had a chance to talk to my Derby contact recently, as she is part of the SCDG all star team and they have been extremely busy the last few weeks. Hopefully, she has found a pair of skates I can beg, borrow or whatever for the time being. I really want to play derby. I really want to prove to myself and everyone else that I can do it. I told one of my bosses that I was trying out and he laughed. Yes, laughed. Fine. I'll show you! I will make the team, (I don't even care which team, I just want to play) and I will show you what I am made of. Just because I am a doormat at work doesn't mean that I can't kick a little butt.
Wow, long post tonight. We will see where this skate saga leads...

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if my previous comment made it. It was as follows:

    We could always stage a fight outside your work to show your bosses how awesome you are. However, I'm not sure if it would go over too well with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What vendor did you use? My name is Smarty McFly. I skate with the Arch Rival Roller Girls with Starry Starry Fight in St. Louis and if you need help with equipment questions, I'd be happy to help. I'm a big derby nerd and have tons of useless facts of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete