Saturday, April 17, 2010

So my decision is made, now where do I go from here?

I have decided that I want to play roller derby. I think it looks incredibly fun.

I am in terrible shape though, and have not skated since I was a teenager. So now what? Now I go out and buy some cheap skates, because I can't afford really nice ones yet. I get out there in the parking lots and parks and skate my ass off. I get my balance back. I buy my little girls skates too, so that we can skate together making me less of a bad mom. I go to every bout that I can. There is a 5k walk/run coming up, maybe I will skate in it (as long as they will let me skate), to gauge my endurance.
Will this be enough? We will see. I believe in myself, and I have an incredibly supportive husband. My friends and family are all excited for me to have something that is mine.
Look out Salt City! Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment