Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Salt City was robbed!

I went to the roller derby bout this weekend. It was, as expected, completely awesome. we got trackside seats, so I could reallly watch the ladies' technique. The Salt City Shakers were playing the Lava City High Rollers. Both teams fought hard, but in the end, Lava City won. It was a great bout. I had a brief moment to talk to one of the girls who was off-skates about when tryouts would be. She thought there may be some coming up in the summer. STOKED! That means I will have a little bit of time to get my skates and start learning the easy stuff. I cannot believe that I am actually getting there.
I have an actual sponsor. My good friend "R" has sent me some money to put towards my skates. My ever loving husband, "C" has been working on a side job to earn a little money, which will get the rest of the rookie package I desparately want paid for. Now it is a waiting game.
*sigh* pay faster client!

No comments:

Post a Comment