Friday, February 24, 2012

See? This time I really AM going to start posting more...

Last night was Scrimmage night.
For the first time in a long time, I went in feeling good about my skills and abilities. We played "A-team vs the world," which means the girls who made the roster for the upcoming game with the Wasatch home team, The Hot Wheelers, against everyone else that came to practice. As I am not on that roster, I played with the black team=the World. We had some great vets from a couple of different leagues come play, which is always fun. I feel like we learn a lot from the vets that come out.
Somehow, despite the expectation of an ass kicking, we, the World won. Part of that is due to some amazing jamming by England's Glory, Bruiser Ego, and Drew Fairywhore. Most of it was due to the fact that we were working together, listening to the more experienced players on the team, and generally playing well. I got in a few decent hits, and some really good positional blocking.
After the game, one of the ladies, Margie Ram, gave me a big compliment saying that she had noticed me getting in there and laying out some good hits. I can't tell you how good that made me feel. I have spent the last three to four months mentally abusing myself, telling myself I will never be a good skater, I will always suck. At one point, I had even considered retiring from skating altogether, concentrating on officiating instead. I couldn't do that. Even if I suck, which I have decided I DON'T, I'd miss it too much. I needed that outside opinion. I needed to hear it from someone who doesn't have anything to gain from complimenting me. So, Margie, thank you.
I think that's all I have to say today, so, thanks to everyone who still bothers to read my little blog. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment