Sunday, March 27, 2011

Product review: Protech dent mouth guard

I just got my new Protech dent mouthguard. It came in just in time for our very first REAL scrimmage (as detailed in the last post) which was excellent timing.
It came in the mail on Wednesday. As soon as I got home, I busted open the package and started reading the instructions. I followed the directions to the best of my ability, and it just didn't feel right. I tried again. I still just didn't have all the teeth covered. I truly believe this is my own idiocy rather that a problem with the product itself. I got a few tips from a leaguemate that had also gotten one of these mouthguards and succesfully fitted it. This time, it worked beautifully. It fits like a dream, which is wonderful, since my last mouthguard routinely fell out of my mouth while skating. (Can't have that. I want to skate penalty-free).
The package states that you can speak, and drink while wearing the mouthguard. Yep. I was able to clearly communicate with my team during play. It was quite a bit less bulky and therefore more comfortable than my old mouthguard.
I love the mouthguard. Except for a few minor issues with fitting, I have not had a problem with it. It is comfortable, and does not slip. It was not difficult to re-fit once I failed to fit it correctly.I recommend it for derby girls for sure.

2 comments:

  1. If it was the boiling ones, I've always had problems, I think it's because I'm afraid of it burning my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less afraid of burning myself after fitting the first two mouthguards. My problem was just that dummy-dumb-head in me coming out again. =)

    ReplyDelete